Virginia is a paradise for craft beer enthusiasts, and the Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail is the crown jewel. With 17 unique breweries spread across three zones, this trail offers a beer experience unlike any other. Best of all, it makes for an exciting day trip to see more of the area when you’re vacationing in the Natural Bridge area.
If you’re planning a trip to Natural Bridge, enhance your experience by downloading our free Vacation Guide. Get exclusive recommendations on top attractions, delicious cuisine, and hidden gems Virginia offers. Download your copy today!
Your Best Guide to the Exciting Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail
A Craft Beer Trail Like No Other
The Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail is more than just a list of breweries. It’s an experience that dives deep into Virginia’s craft beer culture. Within an hour’s drive, you’ll find 17 breweries that are about more than just beer. They’re lively community hubs with live music, trivia nights, and more. The trail highlights Virginia’s best craft beer and gives you a taste of its natural beauty and local vibe.
A Journey Through Virginia
The trail offers more than just a taste of craft beer. It’s a journey through Virginia’s diverse landscapes and rich history. From the scenic mountains in Harrisonburg to Staunton’s historic charm and the natural beauty of Natural Bridge, each brewery offers a unique setting that captures the essence of Virginia and allows you to explore.
Zones and Their Unique Breweries
The Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail is divided into three distinct zones to make your brewery-hopping experience easier to discover and explore. Here’s what you can find in each zone on the trail:
- Zone A: Includes Harrisonburg, Elkton, and Rockingham County. Some must-visit breweries include BrewHaHa Brewing Company and Brothers Craft Brewing.
- Zone B: Covers Waynesboro, Staunton, and August County. Don’t miss Basic City Beer Co. and Queen City Brewing.
- Zone C: Closest to Natural Bridge Hotel, this zone includes Lexington, Natural Bridge, and Rockbridge County. Highlights are Devils Backbone Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen and Great Valley Farm Brewery and Winery in Natural Bridge.
Tips for Navigating the Trail
- Designate a Driver: Make sure you have a designated driver if you plan to visit multiple breweries or enjoy more than a few beers.
- Stay Nearby for Convenience: Ending your day at a nearby hotel eliminates the need for a long drive back, making your brewery-hopping experience more enjoyable.
- Make It a Day Trip: The trail offers a fantastic opportunity to explore more of Virginia’s scenic beauty and local culture. Consider making it a day trip to get the most out of your experience.
Complete Your Craft Beer Journey at Natural Bridge Hotel
After a day of exploring the Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail, there’s no better place to unwind than the Natural Bridge Hotel. Just minutes away from the trail, our cozy rooms and top-notch amenities make your craft beer adventure complete. It’s not just a convenient stay; it’s the ultimate Virginia experience.
Eager to kickstart your Virginia craft beer journey? Check availability now and make the Natural Bridge Hotel basecamp for all your adventures.