A vacation to Natural Bridge, VA, is a wonderful opportunity to get out and explore. There’s so much to do in this beautiful region! And, if you want to visit a few other places during your stay, you’re in luck; Roanoke and Lynchburg are less than an hour away. These famous cities are perfect for day trips from Natural Bridge. Simply grab your free Blue Ridge Vacation Guide and hit the road for an afternoon of adventure. We’ll show you our favorite activities and attractions.
Two Day Trips from Natural Bridge
At Natural Bridge Hotel, first thing’s first: breakfast. Grab something to eat in our Colonial Dining Room and fuel up on fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, or biscuits and gravy before getting in the car. We offer a delicious selection of breakfast items each morning of your stay. Next, it’s time to choose your destination.
1. Explore Roanoke
The well-known city of Roanoke is just 40 minutes south of Natural Bridge. Hop on I-81S and enjoy beautiful mountain views on your way to Virginia’s top adventure town. Once there, you’ll find a little bit of everything: museums for history buffs, hiking trails for outdoor enthusiasts, restaurants for foodies, and much more. However, there are some unique attractions you absolutely must see:
- Explore Park| Recreation area with walking trails, ziplines, and a treetop adventure course right off the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Roanoke City Market| Year-round farmers market featuring local produce, flowers, clothing, and more in a historic 1922 building
- Center in the Square| Located in the heart of downtown, the square boasts a living-coral reef aquarium, multi-story butterfly garden, pinball museum, shops, and a game room for kids
2. Visit Lynchburg
Another great option for a family day trip is Lynchburg, VA. This historic city is about 50 minutes from Natural Bridge via VA-130 E. Enjoy some retail therapy at downtown shops, pop into a local museum, or admire the 19th-century architecture. You’ll also find several interesting attractions geared toward families with kids, including:
- Poplar Forest| Now a National Historic Landmark, Poplar Forest was once a working plantation & personal retreat owned by President Thomas Jefferson
- Amazement Square| Educational museum with interactive history exhibits, play areas, and a 4-story slide for children of all ages
- SeaQuest Lynchburg | Family-friendly adventure center offering several hands-on encounters with animals from around the world
Make Natural Bridge Hotel Your Home Base
There’s nothing like a fun day out with the family! After a few hours exploring Roanoke or Lynchburg, head back to Natural Bridge where you can unwind together. Our hotel has everything you need for a relaxing vacation, including comfortable accommodations, excellent amenities, and friendly and knowledgeable staff. Whether you choose to venture out or stay in the area, Natural Bridge Hotel is the best home base for all of your adventures.
Check our availability and start planning your vacation today. We look forward to hearing about what you discover in Blue Ridge!